Monday, November 24, 2014

Potential Research Topics

Choose five topics that you think are potential research topics for your paper and briefly (in 2 to 5 sentences) explain why these topics are of interest to you.

1) Alcoholism - This topic interests me because i can research all different types and reasons why certain individuals turn to alcohol. I want to know if people think there is a cure by drinking and what type of happiness it brings them. Why are most people that drink excessively not alcohol dependent?

2) Child Labor - This topic interests me because little innocent children should not be punished. These young children shouldn't have to experience something so horrifying at such a young age. They are forced to perform actions that they would never even think of pursuing. I want to inform people on this issue and attempt to help it stop.

3) Depression (mental depression) - This topic interests me because many people go through many hardships and identify themselves as depressed.  You never know what people have been through and i would like to gain knowledge on different experiences that caused  people to be depressed. I know a handful of people that went through depression and is an ongoing issue and i want to be able to inform others on this problem.

4) Divorce - This topic interests me because i come from a divorced family. Divorce has a great toll on the children because you feel very confused and think of all the reason this might have occurred. I want to share my experience of growing up in a broken household with others and explain how hard it was to get used to having one parent in your house and having to deal with only one support system, rather than two.

5) Same Sex Marriage - This topic interests me because my brother Patrick happens to be gay. I want not only him but all the people out there to be able to marry whoever they want. We all have that one person that makes us extremely happy, no matter what sex the individual happens to be and i feel that they should not be discriminated against. They should be able to be happy and marry the one they love so deeply.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with this Timothy because you sound connected to each of these topics.

    ReplyDelete